- The W.O.R.T.H. Center is a residential community corrections facility, operated by the Facilities Governing Board for the district comprised of Allen, Auglaize, Hancock, Hardin, Mercer, Paulding, Putnam, Shelby, and Van-Wert Counties for male and female offenders from the nine counties placed on probation by the Common Pleas Court that otherwise would be sentenced to incarceration in a state penal institution. As well as providing local courts with viable options for Judicial Releases.
- The W.O.R.T.H. is a highly structured program and is staff intensive with an aftercare component. It is the basic philosophy of the W.O.R.T.H. Program that the correctional system should be viewed as a continual process with the emphasis on treatment in the community for male and female offenders. W.O.R.T.H. supports the concept of keeping offenders in touch with their home community where the mutual adjustment of community and offender must eventually take place. It is the task of W.O.R.T.H. to facilitate the socialization of offenders in such a way as to preserve the dignity and safety of the general community.
- W.O.R.T.H. will address criminogenic needs such as criminal history, peers, criminal attitudes/behavior, education, employment, financial situations, family & social support, substance use, neighborhood problems. Structured programming which focus on cognitive behavioral therapy is used with residents.
- ABOUT US
- Accredited by A.C.A. 'American Correctional Association'
- Compliant with Prison Rape Elimination Act
- Governed by the WORTH Center Facility Governing Board
- Executive Director: Brent Burk
- Deputy Director: Lorrie Wilson
- Male Bed capacity 73
- Female Bed Capacity 30
- Main Number: (419) 222-3339
- Fax Number: (419) 222-4410
- P.O. BOX 5305
- Lima, Ohio 45802